Working with inventory items
- Enter inventory data with as much or as little detail as you like.
- Add any number of images to an inventory item. You can select images from your hard drive, copy and paste, drag and drop or even scan them directly into the software.
- Add videos to an inventory item.
- Attach files such as user manuals, warranty documents, etc. to inventory items.
- Record inventory item attributes such as manufacturer, brand, model number, serial number, asset ID, barcode, condition, status, beneficiary, description and comments.
- Record purchase and sale information including invoice, purchase date, purchased from, quantity, item cost, total cost, date sold, sold to, selling price, profit and profit percent.
- Record value and appraisal information such as estimated value, replacement cost and appraiser.
- Record insurance, warranty and lease information.
- Create up to 15 user-defined columns for inventory data.
- Enter inventory item notes.
- Assign inventory item types and categories.
- Organize inventory items into folders and sub-folders (e.g. electronics, jewelry, etc.).
- Customize inventory item displays using your choice of fonts, background colors, headings and more.
- Print your inventory items on any paper format: US letter, legal, A4, 4x6 index card, 3x5 index card and more.
- Compare any two inventory items side-by-side.
- Share inventory data with other Home Inventory Pro users.
Working with inventory catalogs
- Create a printed inventory catalog detailing all of your inventory data for a location.
- Print your catalog from Home Inventory Pro or export it to Microsoft Word (DOCX format) for futher formatting and customization.
- Format your catalog using your choice of fonts, colors, spacing and layouts.
Working with locations and rooms
- Create as many locations and rooms as you need.
- Enter location data with as much or as little detail as you like.
- Add any number of images, videos and attachments to each location or room.
- Create up to 15 user-defined columns for location and room data.
- Enter location notes.
- Customize location displays using your choice of fonts, background colors, headings and more.
Working with insurance policies and claims
- Create as many insurance policy and claim records as you need.
- Add insurer, broker and coverage information to insurance policies.
- Add any number of images and attachments to each insurance policy.
- Add adjuster and incident to insurance claims.
- Add any number of images, videos and attachments to each insurance claim.
- Customize insurance policy and claim displays using your choice of fonts, background colors, headings and more.
Working with reports
- Create inventory value, beneficiary, borrowing, lending and insurance reports using the built-in templates or create your own using the custom report tool.
- Organize your reports into folders and sub-folders.
- Print your reports on any paper format: US letter, legal, A4, 4x6 index card, 3x5 index card and more.
- Customize reports using your choice of fonts, background colors, headings and more.
Working with the Internet
- Browse the Internet with Home Inventory Pro's built-in web browser.
- Save references to web pages you like in Home Inventory Pro's database.
- Share saved web pages with other Home Inventory Pro users.
Working with RSS feeds
- View RSS feeds with Home Inventory Pro's built-in RSS feed aggregator.
- Save RSS feeds in Home Inventory Pro's database.
- Share RSS feeds with other Home Inventory Pro users.
- Backup your inventory database.
- Configure Home Inventory Pro to backup your database every time you close the application or Home Inventory Pro can prompt you to backup periodically (you choose how often).
- Verify the integrity of a backup file before restoring it.
- Restore Home Inventory Pro backup files from any version of Home Inventory Pro.
- Compact the Home Inventory Pro database to shrink it to its smallest possible size.
- Search, filter and saved searches
- Choose from basic or advanced search modes to find the inventory items and locations you need.
- Save advanced searches in your database for future use.
- Drag one or more saved searches onto Home Inventory Pro's filter bar to filter all search results.
- Use Home Inventory Pro's search and replace feature to replace text anywhere in the database.
- Use copy and paste to duplicate inventory items, locations, reports, and more.
- Use drag and drop to move or copy inventory items, locations, etc.
- Use Home Inventory Pro's undo and redo to undo almost any action.
- Browse Home Inventory Pro's comprehensive help file with more than 250 indexed and searchable help topics.
- Flag inventory items, locations, etc. using one of six color flags.
- New users can use Home Inventory Pro's Launchpad feature to help them see all of the actions that can be performed on the selected item.
- Check the spelling of inventory item and location data. Choose either standard or as-you-type (wavy red line under misspelled words) spell-checking.
- Use the Back and Forward toolbar buttons to back and forth to recently viewed items.
- Use Home Inventory Pro's built-in database repair tools to fix any potential database problems.
- Open multiple inventory workspaces at the same time.
- Create links to your favorite or most-viewed inventory items, reports and other data.
- Customize and print any list (e.g. inventory item lists, location lists, etc.).
- Print multiple inventory items, locations, etc. at once.
- Export to any list to Excel.